Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Catching Up - ABA # 500 Whiskered Screech Owl



I have neglected my blog while I have moved across the country and started a new job with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service back in Michigan.  However I intend to continue catching up on posts gradually of birding and other adventures that have occurred since mid May.  To start out with here is a video of my 500th ABA area bird, Whiskered Screech Owl that I took back in late May.  Number 500 ABA is a pretty significant milestone for North American birders, as it is fairly difficult to get to 500 without doing a lot of traveling across the country (or countries if you do a lot of Canadian birding).  Whiskered Screech Owl seems like a pretty decent milestone bird, with a very restricted range in the ABA area, plus I got these killer looks!  Onward to 600!

No comments:

Post a Comment